Djinn Wu is Nadakhan's father and the ruler of Djinjago prior to its destruction.
At an unknown point in time, Djinn Wu married and became the Djinn King, and inherited the Djinn Blade as a result. Afterwards, he had a son, Nadakhan. However, when Nadakhan left Djinjago to explore Ninjago, Djinn Wu disowned his son, no longer welcoming him back in his home realm.
Upon his son's return to Djinjago alongside the Sky Pirates, Djinn Wu noted the poetic fittingness of his coincidental arrival as the realm began to collapse. Upon being asked why the realm was collapsing, he explained that, due to The Preeminent's death, and because Djinjago was the Cursed Realm's sister realm, this resulted in the collapse of their home. He then proceeded to give the Djinn Blade to his son, making him the Djinn King and telling him to avenge the Djinn, and stayed behind as the realm collapsed, presumably dying as a result.
The Way BackEdit
As a result of Jay's wish erasing the events of the season, Djinn Wu would never give the Djinn Blade to his son in the first place, resulting in the artifact's destruction.
LEGO Ninjago: Masters of SpinjitzuEdit
Season 6: SkyboundEdit
- 57. "Enkrypted"
- 63. "Operation Land Ho!" (statue)
- 64. "The Way Back" (statue)
Season 8: Sons of GarmadonEdit
- 75. "The Mask of Deception" (statue)
- His appearance is similar to his son's, but he appears to have a long white beard strongly resembling Wu's, hence his name, Djinn Wu. His torso has a different printing. His extra torso resembles Kozu's. His eyebrows are also similar to Wu's.
- Even though Djinn Wu accepted the fate of Djinjago's destruction, but possibly had the power to save it, he decided to give Nadakhan the Djinn Blade, hoping that his son would save Djinjago and its people. However, he didn't know he didn't intend to save the realms.
- Djinn Wu is the only deceased Djinn King whose soul isn't in the Djinn Blade; however, as a result of both the artifact and Djinjago's destruction, Djinn Wu's soul now rests in the Departed Realm with his predecessors nevertheless.
Why he is the Rani Edit
In Sons of Garmadon, Wu was sent back in time and became a baby. Likewise, Djinn Wu was sent back in time and became the Rani.